At 12:11 PM 1/20/2004 -0800 Gautam Mukunda wrote:
>My own sense of Kerry comes from five years in Boston.
> I kept running into liberal Democrats who hated,
>hated, _hated_ George Bush.  They also knew (as in had
>met) John Kerry (Massachusetts is a sufficiently small
>state that running into a Senator is a fairly common
>occurrence).

Uhhh.... Gautam.... I think that you are forgetting that you are travelling
in a pretty extraordinary circle having gone from a Poli Sci major at
Harvard to McKinsey.

But yeah, I am delighted that Kerry came back from the dead in Iowa
yesterday.   I just get very bad vibes from this guy that eventually people
just won't *feel* comfortable with him the way they feel comfortable with
George Bush - and this is what eventually decides a lot of elections.

JDG