From: "Jim Sharkey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: This Is Spinal Ta-, er, Metallica
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:21:41 -0500 (EST)

Travis Edmunds wrote: >Ever hear any Niccolo Paganini?

Heard of, yes.  Heard, I don't think so, though if memory serves,
Malmsteen used to fancy himself Paganini's musical descendant.

Yup, that's pretty much the gist of it. Yngwie patterns his playing after the violin, and good ole Niccolo is his favorite player.

saw him open for Maiden at the Philadelphia Spectrum back
in...late '86 or early '87.  Pretty good stuff, though his ego was
*enormous*.

I can imagine, seeing as how one can all but see him strutting around whilst listening to one of his albums.

What was Maiden like?

>"how about Vivaldi"

One of my favorite Foxtrot strips ever had a Vivaldi joke. :)

Jim

Really?

-Travis "care to tell it?" Edmunds

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/bcomm&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca