From: William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: This Is Spinal Ta-, er, Metallica
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:24:25 +0000

From: "Jim Sharkey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:29:05 -0500 (EST)

Travis Edmunds wrote: >Metallica fan eh? Care to divulge any other bands you like?

Sure. I'd say my all-time favorite bands are Rush, TOOL, Metallica, Yes, Iron Maiden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam and Queensryche.

Decent choices. Though only one band on your list would make even a top 20 for me, and that's Maiden. I'm picky. Just to name a few that I'm into though, how about:

-Megadeth
-Yngwie Malmsteen
-Steve Vai
-Korn
-Guns N Roses

<snip> The ones left are in my record collection too, either the vinyl part I don't have the equipment to play any more or the newer CD part...the vinyl part also included Joe Satriani, Al DiMeola, Trevor Rabin and suchlike.

Ah!! Another rocker in our midst.

I dig some of the current bands like Disturbed, Outkast, and No Doubt;

Disturbed aren't bad. Outkast has some decent melody on the go from time to time, but it's not my style of music in the least. And there is no doubt that I cannot stand No Doubt. I loathe their music.

Now I really like No Doubt :)

I would honestly like to know why you like them.

The last two CDs I bought were Pink's previous CD and Avril Lavigne. I saw Melissa auf der Maur's video for her new CD on MTV recently and that seemed quite good... And I also like Christina Aguilera and KiTTiE.

Not my style, but I appreciate any and all genres. My opinions though, are as follows:

Pink - Not bad.
Avril Lavigne - Not bad.
Melissa auf der Maur - Huh?
Christina Aguilera - I just love her videos...
KiTTiE - I always get confused with Atomic Kitten. Is Kittie the heavy stuff? If so, I don't like them.

-Travis