----- Original Message -----
From: "Damon Agretto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: Objective Evil

> > Thus, the church opposes the use of condoms in
> > Africa to decrease the
> > spread of AIDs because birth control is an objective
> > evil.  Even thought
> > the outcome is the saving of numerous lives, which
> > is a good.
>
> Yeah, but if the Church encourages the use of condoms
> to check the spread of AIDS, it would also be
> encouraging the practice of pre- or extra-marital sex
> as well, which from a Catholic standpoint is bad...

That might be a minor result; and I agree that is bad.  But, the fact is
that a very high percentage of the men have extra-marital sex, and then
infect their wives. If the use of condoms is socially sectioned, then these
wives have a much better chance to save their own lives.

AIDs, in Africa, is horrid beyond belief.  IIRC, the mean life expectancy
in Zambia is now down to about 32 years, as a result of the AIDS epidemic.

Dan M.

Dan M.