At 07:27 PM 8/8/04, Dan Minette wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Damon Agretto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: Objective Evil

> > > Thus, the church opposes the use of condoms in > > Africa to decrease the > > spread of AIDs because birth control is an objective > > evil. Even thought > > the outcome is the saving of numerous lives, which > > is a good. > > Yeah, but if the Church encourages the use of condoms > to check the spread of AIDS, it would also be > encouraging the practice of pre- or extra-marital sex > as well, which from a Catholic standpoint is bad...

That might be a minor result; and I agree that is bad.  But, the fact is
that a very high percentage of the men have extra-marital sex, and then
infect their wives. If the use of condoms is socially sectioned,

"sanctioned"?

 then these
wives have a much better chance to save their own lives.

Of course, the same result could also be achieved if the men learned to keep it in their pants.

AIDs, in Africa, is horrid beyond belief.  IIRC, the mean life expectancy
in Zambia is now down to about 32 years, as a result of the AIDS epidemic.

-- Ronn! :)

"Earth is the cradle of humanity, but one cannot remain in the cradle forever."
-- Konstantin E. Tsiolkovskiy