On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:56:11 -0400, JDG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 08:15 AM 8/17/2004 -0500 Julia Randolph wrote:
>
> >> JDG - Perhaps The Fool should stick to posting about atheism, Maru, and
> >> leave the Catholicism posts to the Catholics.
> >
> >He's entitled to an opinion.  And if you argue well, you may convince
> >others to take your side in a particular debate.
>
> Sorry... I momentarily had thought you were the *other* Julia in your
> response.    Anyhow, I reacted so forcefully in part because there is a
> long history of anti-religious, anti-Christian, and anti-Catholic sentiment
> on this List.  So, I am used to being completely on the defensive in
> regards to these subjects.   The Fool in particular also has a long history
> of misrepresentations, and I've grown weary at times of attempting to
> combat them.   I am sorry to have extended my frustration in your general
> direction.

Well, if he hadn't brought the whole thing up in the first place, you
wouldn't have had the opportunity to educate me on various points of
Catholicism.  Does help at all?  :)

The Roman Catholic Church, and the Vatican in particular, are not my
most favorite organizations right now, mostly having to do with a
history of protecting pedophiles, especially in certain (geographical)
areas.  (Certain bishops are taking stands to try to minimize the
damage to both their spiritual charges and the Church as a whole; I
have great respect for them.)  As soon as the Vatican addresses that
to my satisfaction, I'll be more favorably inclined.  Until then, I
may tend toward cynicism towards the RCC, and I hope you don't take
that personally.

     Julia