Dan wrote:

As for bigotry in America, put yourself in the shoes of an non-believer
for a moment and you'll feel real bigotry.

Out of curiosity, are you actually told that you are deluded, have a mental
block, evil on a daily basis because you don't believe?

Read the posts here straight. The Fool and William regularly post bigoted nonsense and most of us just shrug it off. I do too, so I'm not jumping on you, but the reality is that this list does tolerate attacks on believers
that it would not accept if any other group were attacked simularly.

I took the quote to mean in RL, not just brin-l. Declaring that you are an atheist/agnostic even here in the liberal bay area can have RL consequences. Which is worse; the mostly harmless "bigoted nonsense" here on the list, or the kind of silent bigotry that can cost you a job, promotion, political office etc?

--
Doug