At 04:34 PM Thursday 9/1/2005, Deborah Harrell wrote:
> Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

> Anyone who is looting big-screen TVs, computers,
> DVDs, and other
> high-ticket electronic items from stores in an area
> where there is no
> electricity and there is not likely to be
> electricity for weeks at the
> earliest (more likely months) has already shown
> evidence of somewhat less-than-perfect reasoning ...

Aww, c'mon, Ronn!  "But Mr. CoastGuard Man, I just
bought this plasma TV before the storm - can't you
take it out on the helicopter?"  <snort>

Although I must say that if bottled water etc. isn't
air-dropped to trapped folks, I couldn't blame them
for looting food and water.

I can't blame them for getting necessities the only way they can get them, either. The guy who was seen on camera carrying three boxes of Nikes from a store, or the people reported to be taking the wallets out of the pockets of corpses in flooded homes are not in that category, however.

Looters Will Be Shot On Sight Maru

-- Ronn!  :)