Nick Arnett wrote:
By letting those who are to blame for their own illnesses just die?
People are social creatures; it's naive to imagine that some sort of
"Just say no" mentality would make all those problems go away.  I'm
not saying you're making that argument, but I've certainly heard it.
(sic)

There is a big part in parents responsibility. Now (partly because
of economic pressure) I seldom bring my kids to unhealthy food stores
like McDonalds, but even when I was less miserable the max was
1 MacDonalds per month.
Alberto Monteiro

my son was never exposed to junk food until he went to school, to this
day he is still a vegetarian even though his father has lapsed.
there is a part of me that believes, "let nature take its course".
"think of it as evolution in action", there are already too many people
on this planet.  however, that means there are than many more creative
geniuses born who overcome obstacles of nature and nurture to rise
above circumstance.  they accomplish and contribute so much to human
heritage that is constructive, artistic, productive and principled.
jon mann

Knowledge is Power