On 5/24/07, Mauro Diotallevi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm just advocating people taking more responsibility for
> themselves.  I've
> seen too many people who eat nothing but junk food and never exercise
> complaining about the low quality of health care that they receive, when
> they are being a big part of their own problem.  I know there's no quick
> and
> easy way to make people act responsibly.  People just need to take more
> personal responsibility, and not only in healthcare issues.

I agree -- and I think society also needs to take more responsibility for
systemic issues, such as marketing of harmful stuff.  I read the U.S.
Constitution as saying that we, as a nation, have a responsibility to look
after our people, even as those people are individually responsible for
their choices.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett