William T Goodall wrote:

> Atheist religions have different defining irrational beliefs. Nazism
> had 'Aryan supremacy', the Greens have 'Nuclear Power is Evil' and so
> on.

I am sure they do, but I really was talking about the religion I grew up
with, and if you wish to place it in this classification, then I'd like to
hear what irrational defining beliefs you find therein.

> Most of the argument on this list is about the supernatural
> religions however and those are what I was addressing.

Oh, but you clearly mentioned the Gita, and by implication the story
surrounding its origin [my favourite story in the world after all, and I do
love the fact that the book originated as nothing than an exhortation for a
man to stop being soft, and to kill in battle], and that tradition has
enough supernatural to satisfy any fan of SFF. So if you are placing
Hinduism here, then how do you square that with the other traditions I
mentioned earlier, and your statement that all religions peddle lies as
truths?

Ritu

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Mac OS X is a rock-solid system that's beautifully designed. I much
prefer it to Linux." - Bill Joy.

3:50 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:50 PM