On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 22:35:18 -0400, JDG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 10:30 PM 6/29/2004 -0700 Doug Pensinger wrote:
> >> Well, that's a difference of opinion.   My feeling was that Moveon.org
> >> only removed the ads when there was a public outcry.
> >
> >Your feeling based on what?
>
> The numerous denizens of the Left who are very comfortable with making
> Bush-Hitler comparisons.   Or as my best liberal Democrat friend has been
> doing recently, making Bush-Milosevic comparisons.

I haven't been too uncomfortable making Bush very early Nazi party
comparisons.  Remember that the Nazi party started as a extreme
patriotic/anti-communist party with support from conservate religious
corporate leaders and had years to consolidate power after sliding-in
as a minority government.

Have you somehow ignored the years of Clinton and left Nazi comparisons?

> Also, Moveon.org is pretty inept if they just let any yahoo put a video on
> their website without reviewing it first.   Indeed, that possibility is too
> far-fetched for me to even believe.

They provided an upload address.  The one's in poor taste  were taken
down within hours.  I might expect you to have a problem with
democracy and free speech and just telling people, Hey, we'll put good
ads on TV if you think you can make one.

A citizen's movement asking for creative solutions and volunteers.
Hard to imagine compared to a conservative  political party that pays
for everything including the right-wing student newspapers and
training on college campuses.

Gary Denton

#1 on google for liberal news