----- Original Message -----
From: "Davd Brin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 10:36 PM
Subject: Re: Brin: the new Bush ad : I don't see any morphing...

> And you should be careful about CONTINUING  to draw an
> utterly inane and unjustified and deliberately nasty
> interpretation of another man's remarks, then
> "paraphrasing" them in public with meaning that only
> you perceive... and yes, that is slander.

I think this interpretation is wrong, but not inane.  By bringing God in as
he does, he clearly is stating that those that supported the war deserve to
have our children die.  The need for God to forgive indicates sinfulness.
And the need to die indicates the need for a blood atonement for that sin.

I also would like to suggest that someone who has friends risking their
life daily over their, and who may be risking his life soon has a good
reason to feel strongly about someone stating that the death of American
children are their parent's just due.

I realize that you have given a different interpretation, but I thought a
while over this and cannot see how to match this interpretation with the
statement that a lot of the people must watch their children die before
they have any chance of God forgiving their sins. If you have reasons to
give for his bringing in the need for multiple deaths to obtain God's
forgiveness that does not include atonement, I'd be very interested in
reading them.

Dan M.