> Then imagine the rewards in 5-8 years time when we suddenly
> have a glut of new fresh talent who have hopefully learnt
> from the masters of today - then we could compete with North America

More that that: The US already have a strong (and growing) Juniors player
base.  Without an increase in Junior players/standard in this country we are
likely to get left further behind.

So I have a question: Does that matter (enough) to those of us playing now?
Are there more people willing to put some time into developing younger
players?

There are a small group of very dedicated players who put a huge amount of
effort in to this area.  Are there enough UKUA members who want to help
and/or want the UKUA to get more proactive?

Barry

PS Another topic for the conference on the 23rd October.  Hopefully lots of
you are coming?