At the end of the day, CakePHP should not be aiming for the highest number
of developers, but for the best. Just because a bunch of people uses a
specific framework, that doesn't mean that is the best thing to do. IMO
developers who are serious about their job will not hesitate in choosing
CakePHP.

That's what we should put our focus on. Only the best use the best.

Sure, the foundation needs to sharpen its marketing strategy (that will
surely happen after the release of 1.2), but to change its way just to
convince someone who needs to see a particular tool, oh well, I say let that
someone walk away...

When you, as an interested developer, judge a framework you should take into
consideration *NOT* how cute their website is, but: what is the community
behind it? what are its features? what does it offer me that other ones
don't? etc. etc.

I think there are a lot of websites and web applications built with Cake to
give them an idea how flexible CakePHP is. Even the Cake team has produced
cake based applications (take a look at The Bakery).

So if there's a group of people that want to build a Cake-based CMS then I
welcome that thought. But don't do it because you believe it is needed to
get *more* developers, do it because you believe in it (like gwoo would say,
sorry for the joda talk.)

-MI

Remember, smart coders answer ten questions for every question they ask.
So be smart, be cool, and share your knowledge.

BAKE ON!

blog: http://www.MarianoIglesias.com.ar