On 3/29/07, digital spaghetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What I am now proposing, through the thoughts that you have all
> expressed here, is to build standard "modules" of code that people can
> use in their projects.

Nate and I had been talking about this very thing yesterday on IM,
where what is really needed is a commitment to a plugin architecture,
so that ideas (such as standard "user authentication" modules) can
start out as plugins external to the framework, then if they are
effective enough they can be moved into the core.  Ruby on Rails uses
this to great effect and there is absolutely no reason why we
shouldn't be stealing that idea and using it ourselves.

Perhaps http://plugins.cakephp.org should spring into being, with an
explanation of how plugins work and documentation on how to actually
create a plugin.

--
Chris Hartjes

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

rallyhat.com - digital photo scavenger hunt
@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard