From: Anthony Papillion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: care2002-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:07:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Care2002-developers] Care2X Issues and Fork

Hi Elpidio & C2X Community:

I certainly don't think that the Care2X project is
something to be taken lightly nor do I think that
actually forking away from the main project will be
easy should it happen. In fact, I said in my original
post that I would rather NOT fork. But, I think we can
all agree, there are some problems with the project
that need to be addressed.

Since I opened the discussion about forking I've seen
a lot of positive movement on the dicussion list.
Hopefully, that movement will/has translated into
movement on the project. I will only continue with a
fork if the project stales or if the same issues that
have been brought up by others continue to be issues
and are never addressed. Indeed, that would be the
entire reason behind a fork.

As I said, I do not WANT to fork. It would be my
preference to jump into the Care2X community and help
move the project to a more competitive and more
professional place. But it takes the entire
development community to move us there, not just one
or two people.

Lastly, you're right: we don't know what's going on
behind the scenes. But that is largly due to lack of
developer communication with the community. When we
hear little or nothing from the devs, even in response
to questions posted on the list, how can we be
expected to know what's going on behind the scenes?
Largely, all we see is a barely functioning, very
public facing website that looks kind of abandoned.
Nothing is posted to the site as to what is wrong with
it, when it will be back up, etc. That hurts the
projects image to have those problems in such public
view without any explaination as to what is going on.

So let's work together to see where this can go. Maybe
a fork isn't a good idea at the moment, maybe it is. I
suppose we'll have to wait and see if things change
anytime soon. I still do support the C2X project and
would love to see it move forward and become what we
all know it can be. We just need developers and
community to work together.

Sincerely,
Anthony Papillion