My own feeling about this is;

1) Pass or fail, just like Jim said, we should be grateful for the age we
live in.  I'm pretty sure that if I were born 100 years ago I would not be
doing anything constructive with my life.  Today - tons of technology, all
of it is accessible.  I can walk into a bookstore and buy a book on any tech
I'm interested in.  That's not an accident, companies have smartened up.

2) Man, how's IPX supposed to have the material for this test together so
quickly?  What is this, a race?!  4 weeks have passed since the new exam
started and candidates were running like hell to get their "number".  The
process of professional "progress" has become so absurd.  Don't forget,
guys, you're supposed to know this stuff fundamentally.  If you play your
cards right, there'll come a day when you'll face deployments a HELL of a
lot more difficult than 8 phones in a lab.  Great training programs, great
vendors, a profession that's in demand.  Presumably, we're all in the VoIP
profession already.  I, for one, am not doing this to move on from
what I'm doing, I'm doing it to improve - and I will.  And I'm sure it'll be
painful.

Guys, one more thing; I can't tell you how many CCIEs I know that are out of
work.  The CCIE is not a guarentee of anything.  Good engineers are lucky
to be hired by good organizations that value their body of work and track
record.  This is one more step in a long effort of development.  If you
focus on the failures that happen because of  bullet points on a test,
you're missing the point.

Keep training.

-Shikamaru