That's why I'm not rushing to take the exam.  We had one fellow last week
mention that he had passed the exam, but it was his 6th attempt, I imagine
his study habits changed quite a bit over time so I'm sure he's an exception
and not the rule.

No vendor is going to be up to speed on what's needed, the exam came out a
barely a month ago.  Strategically, it's better to wait a few months at
least before taking the boot camp and/or take the exam, even if it means
that the exam will become harder as time goes on (personally, I think it's a
bad idea for Cisco to ramp up the difficulty before a year has lapsed.
Everyone is trying to catch up as it is.)

If Cisco's decided to start testing for knowledge and relevant skill, taking
some time to master the topics on a fundamental level is a benefit to the
market and themselves.
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Sean B Davis <seanbda...@mavetech.com>wrote:

> This was my third time around, twice with v2 now once with V3. Yes it
> was very challenging but completely doable. The big thing was the items
> that none of the prep material out there covers in-depth, including
> Cisco own SRND (it makes a good start). Sort of got blindsided by those
> items.
>
> Some hints:
>
> Do not waste too much time or money with the prep material from anyone
> at this point, they still have not got it together.
> Read the SRND word for word several times!!!
> If a rack provider cannot get the CUE loaded with CUCM version of the
> software do not buy from them!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Find the advanced dial plan presentation from Networkers 2009 and study
>
> Keep in mind 60% of the material from IPexpert, CCbootcamb, and
> Internetwork Expert will help, but is not complete enough especially in
> the advanced dial plan area and CUE with CUCM. I came close but could
> have used more study material on the dial plan, did not see the
> Networkers presentation until the day after I came back from my test.
>
> Sean Davis, CCVP(Will be CCIE on Sept 3^rd )

-Shikamaru