Hi all ,

 if we took off the master command we will not be able to sync our internal
network entities to the HQ router , please feel free to correct me if i am
wrong ,

the output you gave Ray for the first email and the config say that you have
added the master command before you synced with the external ntp
and so your internal router got the highest level ,

to get rid of this you can configure the ntp server and then make sure that
you are synced and then use the master command with lower *stratum level
and this should do the trick for you ,

below the link :
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1/configfun/configuration/guide/fcd303.html#wp1004877

Ash