Dear James,

About 30 years ago I wrote a clone of the program ORTEP; the clone
was called XP, but unfortunately Microsoft later stole the name
and brought it into disrepute. So that I would always be able to
see at a glance which plots were 'genuine ORTEP' and which were
my clone, I built in a sort of watermark (a slightly different way
of shading the ellipsoids). I hope that you have done something
similar in mlfsom! But please don't reveal what it is to ccp4bb,
I suggest that you deposit the information in encripted form with
the PDB. Otherwise you may suffer the same fate as I did: the
'ORTEP' plot on the cover of the February 2009 Acta C appears to
have been made by a clone of my clone!

The information that data produced by mlfsom give Rcryst ~ Rsym
is very interesting and makes it even more likely that the
typical R-values of 19.9% for proteins have something to do with
the ca. 50% of the structure that is rather poorly modeled - the
'solvent' region.

Best wishes, George

Prof. George M. Sheldrick FRS
Dept. Structural Chemistry,