On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 08:41 +0200, Tim Gruene wrote:
> This sounds as though you are saying that a single photon interacts
> with several
> electrons to give rise to a reflection.

Not only with several - it shouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say
that the photon senses all the electrons in the Universe as it travels
between the source and detector.  Once it hits detector, it's trajectory
magically collapses into a specific one.  Quantum physics is undeniably
crazy stuff :)

Cheers,

Ed.

--
"I'd jump in myself, if I weren't so good at whistling."
                               Julian, King of Lemurs