The remedy for the fact that some reviewers act unethically is not withholding
coordinates and structure factors, but a more active role for the authors to
denounce these possible violations and more effective investigations by the
journals whose reviewers are suspected by the authors of committing these
violations.
I have witnessed authors being hesitant to complain about possible violations
and journals not always taking complaints seriously enough.

Mark J van Raaij
Laboratorio M-4
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC