On 14/08/2018 12:27, Careina Edgooms wrote:
Cryoprotectant was 50% PEG just added to the buffer that it crystallised in. It crystallised under batch.
which kind of batch plate ? Some are not suitable to in situ.

JL

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 12:11:17 PM GMT+2, Hughes, Jon <jon.hug...@bot3.bio.uni-giessen.de> wrote:

maybe it's the cryobuffer that's the problem (you didn't mention it). you could try to fish the crystals with minimal liquid attached by mounting them in oil rather than a cryobuffer. or you could test the native diffraction "in situ" (at room temperature in the drop): quite a few beamlines offer this possibility these days.

best

jon

*Von:*CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] *Im Auftrag von *Careina Edgooms
*Gesendet:* Dienstag, 14. August 2018 11:59
*An:* CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
*Betreff:* [ccp4bb] crystals that dont diffract :( :(

I got the most beautiful crystals I have ever seen and they don't diffract at all. Not poor diffraction, NO diffraction. Anyone know why this could be and how I can go about fixing it? I had three beautiful crystals and not one diffracted. I did leave them in the drop for about 3 weeks before harvesting and in liquid nitrogen for about a month before diffracting. Could that be a factor? If I regrew more beautiful crystals and diffracted straight away could that help?

Careina

Jean-Luc Ferrer
Institut de Biologie Structurale
71 Avenue des Martyrs