Dear Careina,
Please make sure that your crystals are protein or salt, possibly using Izit
dye.Note: there is no correlation so far hypothesized on the diffraction of
ugly / beautiful / needle / plate type crystals....I believe!

With best regardsS.M.Jaimohan PhD
    On Tuesday, 14 August, 2018, 7:21:09 PM IST, ferrer