The server itself is not pc compatible. The plug in card (motherboards) are
what are meant to run ibm pc software. The server runs Netware-86 or a tinkered
with version, maybe strait out of the box, but regardless N-86 is super duper
unobtainium. I suppose what happens is the machine is started, the server
boots. The motherboards then are initialized, served up ms-dos, served up
application software. Externally each of the server's motherboard cards has
some kind of terminal attached (the terminal is a Northstar keyboard that looks
identical to a Keytronic 5151? But for the logo. And has a modular connector.
The monitor is identical to those seen with the Eagle-2 again but for the logo.
I have 1 of the keyboards, an IBM 5151 monitor, but nothing else. There may
have been an intermediary circuit board that tied the k/b+monitor together and
interfaced to the back of the server (the expansion card actually).

My unit was kind of banged up but has a hard drive, the most banged up part of
the whole shlameel. It belonges to a hassidic man in Chicago who was running
his bisiness with it I assume. It got beat up in shipping, couldn't complain as
he sent me it free but asked what 2 hours of his time was worth after the fact.
I pp'd him 50$.

The dimenaion mobo doesn't look like any pc anyone has ever aeen. In fact the
innards are a bit of a horror movie. The p/s is big and nasty and is
unenclosed. There's all kinds of shit hanging of the mainboard, including the
pc-cards. It'll be a work in progreas for some time. Loads of fun though. Dead
bugs.

On Tuesday, December 27, 2022, 12:50:19 AM EST, Fred Cisin via cctalk