I hate what epay is doing to our hobby.
I prefer to sell and trade between our selves as reasonable prices understanding that a lot of what we do is sweat equity.

If you think the hobby is bad, you should see what happened to housing.

"I know what I got!"

I have a lot of different geeky hobbies and what happened to vintage computing is idential to what happened to video games (way bigger market) and music equipment (Synths, guitar stuff.) Same with aracade games and especially pinball machines. What was a $1000 C title pinball is now $5000 with some gaudy mods taped to them.

I could the be the eternal pessimist, but I think things are weakening? I have some synthesizers I rebuilt up for sale and notice the market is much slower than it was. I wish I could get a read on the video game markets which of course spill into some classic computers. I assume people are going to pull back spending at some point, but with 40% more money added to the US economy in the last few years there are people sitting on a loooot of cash. Be it stock wins or PPP loan freebies or crypto or hoomer gains.

If it could only dip on the stuff I want but rise on the stuff I have.

                        - Ethan