> Do anyone out there have got UltraBooks or UltraBooks IIi up and running?
> Would
> highly be interested in a dump of the NVRAM/Timekeeper!!!
>
> The failed first generation UltraBook are (DS1643 NVRAM):
> (*) U20-14-9-512P with three (!!) hard drives, no battery port
> (*) U20-14-3-128B two hard drives, battery port
>
> And my beloved UltraBook IIi (TimeKeeper DS1553-070)
> (*) U40-14-1X-1024C one harddrive, battery port and creator graphics.

I just got out my own UltraBook IIi to test and while it makes a lot of
complaints during POST (which takes a good couple minutes), it does eventually
come up into OpenBoot and will start Solaris. I note that it states it seems to
have already lost its NVRAM contents but appears to have spontaneously
self-recovered. Typing verbatim from the boot screen,

Starting real time clock...
Incorrect configuration checksum;
Setting NVRAM parameters to default values.
Setting diag-switch? NVRAM parameter to true.
Reset Control: BXIR:0 BPOR:0 SXIR:0 SPOR:1 POR:0
UltraSPARC-IIi Version 9.1 (E$=1MB) 2-2 module
Advanced PCI Bridge Version 1.3
Probing Memory Group #0 256 + 256 : 512 Megabytes
Probing Memory Group #2   0 +   0 :   0 Megabytes
Probing Floppy: No drives detected
Probing UPA Slot at 1e,0 Nothing there
Probing /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1 at Device 1  network
Probing /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1 at Device 2  Nothing there