Played a little around - and the OpenFirmware's "dump" command on my older
SparcBook 3GX (so no Ultra, but 4m architecture) is able to dump virtual
memory. Obeying to the forth syntax, the following command...

1000 100 dump

...dumps 256 bytes starting at address 1000. Of course, reading undefined
(=unmapped) memory leads to an access violation. But as the firmware manual
describes, devices can be selected and than it is possible to dump their
io-space and I bet somewhere in there, the NVRAM is hidden. At ffee0000 I see
populated memory in the 3GX - the dumpable range starts at ffee0000 and ends at
ffefffff (in total 128k). So having a running UltraBook that would be the way
to seach for the NVRAM?