James Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> stated:

> Doesn't have to be a file in the ISO9660 directory tree - when a PC boots
> from an El Torito CD, it knows nothing about the ISO9660 file system, all
> it basically needs is a block address on the CD ...
>
> You can even create such a CD with mkisofs - by hiding the boot catalog
> and boot image files.

  See the documentation of mkisofs and the -b option. It certainly says
it must be a file, which I guess you could hide if you have reason to do
so. Other than game CDs and other attempts at copy protection, I don't
see much joy to doing so, but technically you could do so.

--
   -bill davidsen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])