>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bill Davidsen)

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] told us:

>> Most OS seem to use no-emulation boot these days.
>>

>> In this case it does not work to look for a floppy image.

>  So where is this new standard to be found? The ElTorito standard says
>1.2, 1.44 or 2.88MB floppy image, if there is no floppy image, I assume
>there is a standard for something else, since the BIOS has to implement
>it and every system can't reasonably be using it's own standard.

I never saw a Eltorito standard that was limited to floppy images!

Eltorito supports floppies, hard disk images and generic images without
any logical connection to DOS hard disks. THe latter is called
no emulation boot. It is used by M$ and by Solaris.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling