Nicolae Mihalache <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I only write data disks. I have 2 DVD-ROM and one Pioneer A03.
> The DVD-RW I wrote were only readable by both DVD-ROM only after first
> write.
> When I try to read a DVD-RW that has been written twice, I get
> "no medium found" error on both DVD-ROM.
> So DVD-R may be compatible with many drives but DVD-RW are not.
> This is an example of report that can be very easily biased. Maybe
> it is the same for DVD+RW disks, they are only readable after first
> write, and the person who tested has used new DVD-RW but old DVD+RW.

Did you see any unusual status when doing the full erase? I saw a note
about that, but I haven't found the writer I really want yet, so I don't
remember the details. Something about needing full erase and it took
forever, and bad status under some conditions I can't recall.

--
   -bill davidsen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])