Bill Davidsen wrote:

> Did you see any unusual status when doing the full erase? I saw a note
> about that, but I haven't found the writer I really want yet, so I don't
> remember the details. Something about needing full erase and it took
> forever, and bad status under some conditions I can't recall.

What do you mean by unusual status? Full erase of a DVD-RW takes about
1 hour (in my measurments it varied: 53-56min) and is needed in case
you want to use incremental writing on the medium. In this time you
can not do anything to the drive and you can not use the other IDE
device on the same bus:( I've seen no problem so far with full erase
but I had problems  with incremental writing when the drive was
connected
as slave on secondary IDE bus. Someone from Pioneer told me that there
are
no such known problems but the fact is that my drive behaves this way. I
tested it on 2 computers. Maybe someone from list will  try to connect
the
drive as slave and see if he can proper use incremental writing.

mache