I can read DVD-RW's written by a pioneer A03 in dvd-rom drives after a
number of rewrites and full erases without problem. However, it doesnt work
with all drives. Especially older ones seems to be a problem. It also seems
to be dependent on who the drive manufacturer are.
Some general comments on dvd-r, dvd-rw and dvd+rw. dvd-r is designed to be
readable by everything that can read a dvd-rom disc. dvd-rw is not designed
to automatically be as compatible as dvd-rw. It has to do with the discs
reflectivity. dvd+rw is designed to be as compatible as dvd-r (same
reflectivity levels).

/Mattias