>From: Dan Hollis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Plamen Neykov wrote:
>> I know it is a stupid question, but ...
>> Do I still have to use cdrecord-prodvd to record DVD-R's or it is possible just to
>use the "normal" version of cdrecord?

>If you have pioneer DVDRW (A103,A104,103,104), you can use dvdrtools.
>http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/dvdrtools/
>It's an independent code fork of cdrtools.

Please don't be unfair...

This is not an independant fork of cdrtools!

It is rather an _unmaintained_ snapshot that uses an add on which
most likely has been created by reverse engineering cdrecord-ProDVD.
Give me a better explanagtion why the hell the "patch" this beast is
related on appeard about a week after I announced my first test binary
and about two weeks after I put the binary on the server. Keeping in mind that
is is a 100 line patch and that the first binary test version of cdrecord-ProDVD
did not come with -V disabled...

In addition note that the "author" removed the tested and working
make file system and replaced it by some piece of junk that works
on Linux only by accident - it does not work on other OS!
It seems that this person did try to write own autoconf code from what
he did understand. Unfortunately it seems that he did not understand much :-(

Look at the web page and judge yourself. The first thing that comes into
mind is the 'pay' button.

Writing portable code like cdrecord and make it work with all drives on
the market is a hard job. The person who claims that he is the author
of this project is somebody who is falsely taking all the credit  but
does not put own effort in development.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling