Joerg Schilling wrote:
>>From: Dan Hollis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>>On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Plamen Neykov wrote:
>>
>>>I know it is a stupid question, but ...
>>>Do I still have to use cdrecord-prodvd to record DVD-R's or it is possible just to
>use the "normal" version of cdrecord?
>>

>>If you have pioneer DVDRW (A103,A104,103,104), you can use dvdrtools.
>>http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/dvdrtools/
>>It's an independent code fork of cdrtools.
>

> Please don't be unfair...
>
> This is not an independant fork of cdrtools!
>
> It is rather an _unmaintained_ snapshot that uses an add on which
> most likely has been created by reverse engineering cdrecord-ProDVD.
> Give me a better explanagtion why the hell the "patch" this beast is
> related on appeard about a week after I announced my first test binary
> and about two weeks after I put the binary on the server. Keeping in mind that
> is is a 100 line patch and that the first binary test version of cdrecord-ProDVD
> did not come with -V disabled...

You also should non be unfair....
Is rather that you have posted the prodvd version on the website one
week after I anounced that I'm working on a version of cdrecord that
supports A103 drive. I had no problem implementing support for DAO mode,
it is rather simple if you read the necessary documentation. But I had
problems implementing multisession support.Keiji Katata from Pioneer
Japan was the one that helped me in implementing this driver. But it was
no magic, like you said I only did 10% of the job, the rest was already
done in cdrecord.

mache