Tangorre, Michael wrote:

> AND ON THE SIZE OF THE VEHICLE which would directly relate to the
> amount of
> death and damage that could be caused. Face it, in a bigger vehicle
> you are
> a bigger risk for insurance companies because the potential is there
> for you
> to do a great deal of damage!

Is the safety of the SUV driver not an issue?  Is it Joe Suv's problem
that you drive a relatively unsafe car?  Should he not be able to go out
and find the most protective car, SUV, rocket ship or shopping cart he
can find in order to protect his family (or his Greyhounds or his priced
bowling ball collection or his ego)?

It seems to me, that if we tightened the regulations (and enforcement
really) of HOW people drive and not WHAT they drive we would be better
off.  Here in Tampa, red lights are only a suggestion.  Stop signs mean
yeild.  If you are not sitting in the back seat of the person driving in
front of you, you are too far behind.  We have Snowbirds. Yet, these
issues go unregulated.  Hell its the police commiting these offenses as
well.  If we drive safely, then we dont have to worry about (as many)
accidents, so the size of my SUV or the strenght of its bumper is a moot
point, because its not going to hit anything.

If you choose not to buy a safe SUV, that is your choice.  You want to
be safe, make yourself safe, dont try to drag me down to your level, its
just not what this country is about.