> --- "S. Isaac Dealey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> > That's the point! If someone gave them bogus
>> > information and they stood behind it wouldn't it
>> clear
>> > them if they gave the source? Why protect someone
>> that
>> > duped them anyway?
>>
>> Because letting people know the source will give him
>> a reputation for
>> revealing sources and likely result in not getting
>> new sources in the
>> future.

> Not if the source pulled a fast one. They should send
> the message that if you make stuff up that will ruin
> their reputation they’ll expose you. Why protect them?

I'm not convinced it's that simple. ... I'm not convinced that any
given informant, even providing very reliable information, would
consider providing it to them, knowing that they've revealed a source
(any source) in the past.

s. isaac dealey   954.927.5117

new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with