I'll take a shot ... replies inline.  Good rant, by the way.

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Munn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> 1. What is the plan for Iraq? We're there now, what next?

The only thing that can be done is to get other countries to help us
with the mess we created because we simply can't afford it militarily,
fiscally, and socially.  We need to get out, at least mostly.  Your
question is, which person do you think will be able to garner more
international support, Mr Kerry or Mr Bush?

> 2. How do we address the issue that so much of the world dislikes
us at the moment?

Same answer as above.  Mr. Bush is an "on faith" leader.  He does
things on faith rather than on facts; which is why the hundred or so
scientists signed a letter against him as did the 30 or so foreign
policy experts.  It's also why we didn't find any WMD in Iraq and why
we have record deficits but are still cutting taxes.  Facts support
few of his policies, but he's convinced (I think) that regardless,
they're good policy.

> 3. What is the truth about Social Security and Medicare over the next 30 years?

To solve that problem starting *today* we'd either have to cut
benefits 15% or raise taxes 16% - that's today.  By about 2020, those
numbers jump to a 50% cut in benefits and a 60% increase in taxes.

Here's the kicker though: currently the US borrows about $2 - $4
billion per day to operate.  Primarily Asia and Europe lend us that
money.  Their populations are aging too though and that means that as
we need more money they'll have less to lend us.

It's that trend, the twin deficits of the budget deficit and the
current account deficit, that cause Warren Buffett to start investing
in foreign currency and Paul Volcker, former Chairman of the Federal
Reserve, to say we have a 75% chance of a dollar crash within 5 years.

That won't make paying those entitlements any easier.  Add to that the
fact the health care is one of the few industries where technology
actually increases costs because it becomes necessary to buy, and
extends life.

All of those trends are converging and our politicians don't talk
about them because nobody would elect them if they do.  It's our
fault.  We need to demand a bi-partisan commission to write a
definitive report and solutions.

> 4. How does the U.S. help resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

I agree with you about Clinton, but the US also has to take a hard
line with Israel.  And we haven't done that since they're a key friend
in the oil region.

> 5. What about rascism and hate of "the other" in general inside the U.S.?

I'm positive about that - Actually I think immigration has really
taken a bite out of that.

> 6. How do we deal with the immigration issue with Mexico?

The US has to stop pretending we don't want these workers.  We need a
consistant and easy policy on how people can immigrate to work in the
country.  Many in my sub-division had their roofs redone this year -
it was all Mexicans that did the work.

> 7. What about outsourcing?

Nothing - as Clinton said, "if it supports free trade I'm for it, if
it doesn't I'm against it."

> 8. Can we just please stop fighting this "war on drugs"
> 9. Can we move on past the gay marriage debate, this is such a dumb issue.

I agree.  Decriminalize drugs, legalize prostitution, and what do I
care if the couple next store is gay?  If that's their pursuit of
happiness, fine.

> 10. Why is it that we have, as our nominees for President, two men who:

Because our society favors third party confirmation of quality.  Good
schools and good clubs do that and that usually makes you rich which
gives you even more options.