> Sorry about your dad but my point is if it's not an emergency
> you have to wait a year.

No need to be sorry, it was a long time ago now and I am fine about it, but
your concern is noted.  On your second point, I have never had a problem
seeing my doctor for non-emergencies

> Here's a report that supports what I said:
> http://www.burtonreport.com/InfHealthCare/BritNatHealthServ.htm

It does indeed, however it is based on other peoples data (Chinese whispers
anyone?) that was published over four years ago, meaning the actual data is
probably 4-8 years old, and the author is an American who has never worked
in the UK health service, never been a patient of the UK health service and
as far as I can tell has never even visited the UK.  Now if you can find me
a report written by someone in authority I might bother reading it.

--
Jay