Hell yeah I am a picky Bastard; shit I would hope anyone that is going
to drop 170k on a house is picky, assuming 170k is a fair price in your
area.  We're not talking about a used car here. If you don;t like this in 2
years you can't just sluff it off you've got to sell it and selling houses
isn't exactly easy sometimes. I look at it like this if you really have to
wiegh your options and try and decide if the house is really ok or not it
means that plenty of other people will not even consider it that means
selling it ain;t going to be easy, unless you spend the money on fixing it.
You also have to remeber that if your house is 170 and most of the houses in
the neighborhood are selling at a max of say of the same price spending 20
grand is going to be mostly lost, since pricing it at 190k would put it out
of the area price range. I am not saying run away screaming but this is def
not a slamdunk, additionally I think taking some more time to look more
would be an excellent idea. When all is said and done after intrest you will
end up paying well over a quater of a million dollars on this purchase. I
don't want to spend that much money and then STILL hvae to sink another 20k
in the first 5 years.

As for the 1k inspector fee I conpletely agree with you there, my friend had
to get 3 houses inspected the inspector actually told them if the 3rd one
fell through the next one would be free. Now that you have had the inspector
out once read over the notes and learn from them.  You can check a lot of
the same stuff at the next house (if you choose to try to look some more)
before ever making a decision on moving foreward with buying it. If you'd
like I can give you some other inspection docs so you have more info on what
to look for in future houses. Your next house you look at I bet you'll be a
little more suspect of the basement and weather mold is present :) Remeber,
Inspectors only see whats in plain site, they can't peal back carpet or
remove boards on walls so anything they can find you can find yourself its
just a matter of knowing where to look and what to look for.

In cincinnati my big dislike for 80% of the houses was 1) Small Kitchens,
rediculously small kitchens 2) 1 car garage if a garage at all and 3) master
bedrooms no larger than 10x12.

Adam

On 1/10/06, Jim Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well... honestly you seem like a picky bastard.  ;^)

We might look at dozens of houses but we can't afford to spend upwards of