Well... $170,000 is a fair price in the area if the house is worth it (it's
in the high end for the neighborhood, but not uncommon).  The agreement we
have in place for this house is $145,000.

> You also have to remeber that if your house is 170 and most of the houses
> in
> the neighborhood are selling at a max of say of the same price spending 20
> grand is going to be mostly lost, since pricing it at 190k would put it
> out
> of the area price range. I am not saying run away screaming but this is

Well... it's not.  Needing $20,000 of work would put it at $165,000 which is
perfectly reasonable for the area.

> As for the 1k inspector fee I conpletely agree with you there, my friend
> had

We're getting the full mold and air-quality work done Thursday - that will
be the deciding factor for us.

We're not "in love" with this place, but we do like it a lot.  It's a great
fit for us, very close to the office and good schools and has plenty room.

But we're not going to deal with any close to a serious mold problem - we
just won't take it.

But if it's just a matter of dehumidifying, non-toxic and not infested
behind the walls... well hell, I'll put up with that.

> In cincinnati my big dislike for 80% of the houses was 1) Small Kitchens,
> rediculously small kitchens 2) 1 car garage if a garage at all and 3)
> master
> bedrooms no larger than 10x12.

Well... then you'd mostly hate this place.  ;^)

The kitchen is small-ish, large, but not really "eat-in" (there's plenty of
room for a small table tho').  Personally I like the kitchen: I like the
flat (and brand new) cooktop, cabinetry, in-wall oven and nice, big double
sink with garbage disposal.

The garage is actually wide enough for two cars but only has a one-car door
(very common for basement garages).  There is a two car (two walled) carport
however.  I really like the garage - lots of space (enough room for all the
bikes and a good-sized work bench).

The master bedroom might please you however: 12x15 (the other bedrooms are
12x14 and 12x10).  All have decent (but not-walk-in) closets and all are
very recently renovated (the walls are pristine - I hate old walls with lots
of screw holes and stains).

Once the kids are gone the family room is big enough for a pool table as
well... not a necessity, but it's a nice idea.  ;^)

Jim Davis