>  Dana wrote:
> You miss the point again. The Industrial Revolution *was* a race to the
> bottom.

Then how can we all be employed?  Yet we are and we work in neither
factories nor farms.  And neither does most of America.  And all
Americans are far wealthier than their counterparts 60 or 100 years
ago.

Heck, one of our biggest problems is that we're too fat!  Have you
read Grapes of Wrath?  I bet the Joads would rather live today than
then.  Have you been to kid's football game?  They've all got new
equipment and on-field A/C in some cases!  WTF?

If this wealth is the result of a race to the bottom, and you're
further suggesting we're racing there again ... sign me up!  I need
new downpipes!

And I didn't say agriculture was non-productive, I just said we all
don't need to farm to have a plentiful food supply.  And, heck, most
people CHOOSE to buy more expensive food.