>Teachers should be able to carry.
>
>We let pilots now.

You've got to be kidding. I went to Virginia Tech, I would not trust many of
the professors being within a mile of a handgun. Especially not my former
dissertation adviser.

Moreover if the students and faculty had been armed, the slaughter would have
been far worse.

The guy went to a pawn shop to get one of the pistols he used. He drove to a
gun shop about 35 miles away to get the 9mm Glock. I'm surprised he just didn't
go through the Christiansburg Arms and Ammo gun store just 15 miles away. That
place even has a drive through. For those who simply cannot wait to get started.

No local control regulation would have prevented such from happening. What's
needed is a national gun control system. Until such is in place, there are
going to be more Virginia Tech happening on a regular basis.