yeah my wife's grandmother has had it for several years.
sucks to see some one you admire so much slip so far.
half the time she doesn't recognize me. she is waiting for her husband, who
is deceased to return from a fishing or hunting trip.

she had to be moved to an Alzheimer's place. and as of late is becoming very
dirty/perverse.
this is a very modest woman, but now she acts like a kid who just found out
about sex..

very sad, but i still love her & try to carry on with her as if nothing has
changed.
we do always go along with her, when she wants to know when her hubby will
be back.
i always say, you will see him soon enough dear...

sucks ass...

on a side note, my own grand mother came down with manic depression and
scizophezia.
my grand father spent his fortune on electroshock therapy & other scarier
crap trying to reach her.

was only in the last months of her life that the haze lifted & she
remembered/became what she once was.
at a time she held a chair on the NY Stock Exchange. apparently brilliant
with numbers.
then one day her oven exploded, and she lost it.
becoming everlie increasingly violent.