> Dana wrote:
> about every else here whose family doesn't -- are they stupid? Are you
> really saying there is no such thing as cultural bias in an IQ  test?

What I'm saying makes much more sense:

(1.) "intelligence" is 100% determined by genetics.

(2.) We can create taxonomies to describe genetic traits: black
people, curly haired people, Packer's fans.

(3.) It's 100% likely that a certain code of genes gives you certain
mental abilities.  We could group them all up and call them
"intelligence" or we could split them up and call them "emotional
intelligence", "language intelligence", etc.

Therefore, depending on the taxonomies we create, we could create a
probability structure based on a population survey that would give a
probably of an individual having trait X given that they have trait Y.

Or we could just all admit that an Augustinian priest has done this
100 years ago with pea plants and be done with it.

Why is it so damn hard for people to admit that their intelligence is
genetically determined and that it may be tied to other genetic traits
like number of moles or length of fingers.

For some reason if you imply that it might be skin color, as Dr.
Watson did, people freak out.  Seems just a likely as anything else to
me.