Yeah... but let's also be honest.  If he can do all those things why can't
he drink?

The 21 Year age limit on drinking is ridiculous.

I'm not saying that it makes anything right, but it's hard to argue the
point of "he's an adult" when the law is clearly treating him as if he's not
in this one specific instance.  For what it's worth I don't personally drink
(never have even when I was younger) but this always struck me as the
stupidest law.

> Had he been pulled over for ANYTHING during the time the alcohol was in
> car, it would of been public in every way, even if it really did belong
> his friend. Course perhaps that state has a different open container
> but you catch my drift.

The article I read didn't say it was an open container... it didn't actually
say anything descriptive about the item itself.

Again I'm not saying there's any real defense - a closed can light beer or a
half-bottle of Ripple covered in the lipstick of cheap prostitutes would
violate the rule set down by his mother.  But it's perfectly legal in every
state to drive around with alcohol in the car - as long as it's not opened.

I'm sorry I'm being so pedantic but I just like to give the benefit of the
doubt.

> SHE bought the car for him, HE desecrated that priviledge, a priviledge
> many kids his age would of given a left arm for, by violating two very
> clear rules.

I agree completely with that... if you live off the milk then you do what
the teat says.  ;^)

Even if the mother's rules were too strict (and not I'm saying they were)
it's her car, her rules.  He can be pissed all he wants but that's the
contract he agreed to.

If indeed he's morally in the right then it's a good lesson regardless:
watch out who you're making deals with.  "Man-up to your bargains" is a
lesson that'll serve him well in life.

Jim Davis