a) that is a different argument all together and not fit here. Stop
threadjackinig :P :)

b) Dont care whether it was open or not, driver is underage and shouldnt be
in possession. Again though, IANAL and definitely wouldnt have a clue what
the law states about UNDERAGE people having alcohol closed or open in their
possession.

c) exactly. I am simply agreeing with the original post. Seemed a fair
punishment to me. Kinda like a lot of zero tolerance laws that are out there
today. Guess the kid is going to have to buck it up, get a job, and buy his
own car.