Could it be that there are different "ages of reason" for different things,
though?

For example, in some states the age of consent for sexual activity is 16,
and you can get a license to drive, but I think that's a bit young to allow
the purchase and public consumption of alcohol, which would exacerbate
problems with both sexual activity and driving.

Whereas it seems perfectly alright to recruit someone to active military
duty at 17, IIRC.  And many people don't release inheritance money to their
surviving heirs until they reach 25 for very good reason.

I just don't think there is a magic age when all of the sudden -- *POOF!* --
you are ready for everything.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
President