From: Todd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:38 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: It's about time some parents started acting like parents

> Back on topic: Is it me or are the kids (man I really don't want to age
> myself here) now a days as bad as it seems. 19 is an ADULT. If you can
> smoke, vote and fight for this country, you should be able to drink.
> Conversely, you should also be completely responsible and accountable for
> your actions. Why does government keep feeling the need make laws that
> make
> decisions for you? Are we THAT incapable as a society that we need to
> babysit people with laws?
>
> Enough ranting....
> Jeff

To put is very simply, yes, in this case.  It is shown that 'adults' aged
18 - 21 are much more likely to go off on a bender and potentially mow down
someone with their vehicle in their drunken state than someone over 21.  I
don't know many smokers who overindulge on a pack of cigs and drive in a
rather impaired state.  As for fighting, well, killing is the whole idea
isn't it?  Besides, 'they' are being killed, not 'us'.

Also, at age 18-20 your brain is still busy rewiring itself to some degree.
Many 18-20 years olds STILL do not fully understand the consequences of
their actions.  Threatening to hold them accountable doesn't do a bit of
good in preventing many of said stupid actions.